- October: The Most Critical Month of the Year. This article is a great reminder to plan ahead for the holiday months when we have Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's coming up. We need to be sure to plan our purchases and make appropriate budget allocations so that we aren't paying for it in 2011. Staying diligent with your spending plan is key. Don't let your emotions run wild during this holiday season and never allow the marketers to run their plan on you!
Crown Financial Ministries
- Curt Olson: Unemployed but Undaunted. In the MoneyLife radio program on Tuesday, October 5, host Chuck Bentley interviewed Curt Olson. Curt shares his experience with job loss last year, God's faithfulness and provision, and what God has taught him through his journey.
- For the month of October, Crown is offering a free resource called the Work Your Money Discovery Kit. Follow the link regarding work/career choices and how God has individually designed you as a person.
- 10 Free Bible Study Resources And Tools. Jason Price (from One Money Design) wrote a guest post on Christianpf.com regarding research he has done on 10 free Bible Study online resources. These resources range from BibleStudyTools.com to AmazingFacts.org.
- Rethinking Retirement | Reasons I Spend Less Time (and Money) Saving for Retirement. Over at Money Help For Christians, Craig Ford writes an excellent post on how his financial mindset has changed regarding retirement planning. Craig's conclusion: we need to trust more in God through the retirement planning process. Plan responsibly and then leave the results in God's hands.
- Balancing Biblical Financial Principles. Paul Williams wrote an excellent guest post at Bible Money Matters regarding the four financial principles that God emphasizes repeatedly - contentment, hard work, stewardship, and generosity. For the Christian, a balance of these four financial principles is key.
- Redefining Riches Sunday School Series: The Basics of the Bible and Money (Generosity). This post is another excerpt from Rob's Bible study at Dollars and Doctrine. The generosity component of our faith is so important in the life of a believer. Unfortunately, too few Christians really understand its importance!
- Be Content with What You Have. This is a guest post by Danny Kofke over at One Money Design. In Danny's post, he recounts a conversation regarding contentment he had with Soulley, a gentleman from the country of Senegal in Africa. This is a great reminder for those of us that live in America that we are extremely blessed. We need to be content with God's blessings in our lives.
- Are You Waiting for the Other Shoe to Drop? On Jay Peroni's blog this week, Jay gives us proof that now is a great time to consider investing, even in a down economy. In fact, buying when shares are "on sale" is very wise advice that many financial advisors give during difficult financial times, such as the time we now find ourselves in.
- How I Feel About Money Today - 10.06.10. In this post by Khaleef Crumbley at Faithful With A Few, we are challenged to consider five financial questions each week. I think these questions are excellent ones to think through on a regular basis in order for us to really contemplate our money motivations and life happiness.
Also check out these related posts: