For the last couple of years, Bob Lotich at Christianpf.com has issued a challenge to his readers to join with him in a 10 Day Give during the month of October.
This is not a trick. This is not a fundraiser so that Bob can get some extra cashflow. The purpose is to encourage all of us to grow in our generosity to those around us. Here's some quick background information on the 10 Day Give:
- This isn't all about giving money away. Giving money away is fun and cool, but if you don't have money, then give of your time, abilities, or additional resources.
- Christianpf.com is randomly giving stuff away to participants of the 10 Day Give. How awesome is that?!
- You can sign-up for the challenge on the 10 Day Give homepage.
- If you plan on giving money, be sure to plan ahead in your October budget. Withdraw additional cash and carry some of it with you for "on the spot" giving.
- Consider doing your giving anonymously.
- Plan out your giving in advance, but also be prepared for additional, spontaneous opportunities along your journey.
Giving is what the rich Christian life is all about. I won't belabor the point, but here is a listing of some of my favorite posts on Christianity and generosity:
- Portrait of a Biblical Giver
- Do you have a generosity plan?
- The top 6 barriers to generosity
- The Gospel of Jesus revolves around generosity (part 2)
- Living for the line, not the dot
I'm giving, are you?
This year, I've decided to enter Bob's challenge. It's not that I'm not a giver. If you have been a faithful follower of this blog, you know that according to God's Word, generosity is one of the seven investments of a rich Christian life. I'm big on generosity. In fact, these last remaining days of September, I have found myself giving even more than usual. I'm not saving up so I can start on October 1. I've already been working on my giving spirit.
I hope you will prayerfully consider entering the 10 Day Give. I'm looking forward to an incredible experience over the first ten days of October. Will you join with us?