How can I be an encouragement to a fellow believer, today?
Hebrews 10:24-25 reads, And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
People and relationships are vitally important in the life of the believer while we serve the Lord here on earth. Our relationships can make the journey a lot less lonely and bring us much encouragement as we walk our Christian life in faith, together.
Try out these ideas as you encourage other believers this week:
- send them a text message.
- take them out to lunch and pay for it!
- call them on the phone.
- send them a tweet or Facebook message.
- be "old-fashioned" and write them an encouraging note and dropping it in the mail.
- pray for them and let them know that you have done so.
- give them some Biblical, Godly wisdom.
- sit next to them in church, Bible Study, or small group.
- give them a meaningful, inexpensive gift.
Hey, just get creative and encourage your network of close, Christian friends. Stimulate and drive your Christian "Who" to greater heights in this new year!
Who in your life needs an encouraging touch from you, today?