It's the start of another week. For some people, Mondays are the dreaded start of another workweek. For others, it's a fresh start to accomplish some worthy goals in life.
So what's the difference? Just like the song in the video clip above, some of us choose to focus on the positives of our lives and eliminate the negatives as much as possible.
So, instead of focusing on what's not right in your life right now or what you have failed to accomplish, try these steps to accentuate the positive this week:
- Create a list of everything that's going right in your life. Write down all of your blessings whether they be great or small.
- Spend time in your daily quiet time thanking God by reading your list back to Him.
- When someone gives you something unexpected, such as a note of encouragement, a free lunch, a gift, or money, immediately thank them in person, by phone, by email, or with a thank you note.
- Give away a financial gift to your church, a friend in need, or the poor. There's something about giving financially to others that makes you feel grateful for what you have.
- Give away yourself this week. Take someone out to lunch or dinner that needs encouragement and pay for it. Give of your time, talents, and abilities in service to your church or other charity.
What are you thankful for this week? What are the positives you can focus on today? What are the negatives you can downplay or eliminate?