Keeping God's Big Idea for your life always in the forefront of your mind can be a challenge to say the least. So many good things are pulling for our attention at all times that it's easy to get sidetracked. You become reactionary instead of proactive.
Here are some ways you can keep your goals always in front of you:
- Be sure your life purpose and goals are clearly written down.
- Be sure to always have the end in mind. What does God want to accomplish through me in His Big Idea for my life?
- Review your purpose and goals regularly, even daily.
- Rewrite your purpose and goals, daily.
- Post your purpose and goals in large print where you will see them each day. I have mine posted on my bathroom mirror.
- Create a visual storyboard. This could simply be pictures cut out of magazines on poster board all the way to digital pictures that come up regularly on your computer. Be creative in ways that speak to you.
- Make yourself accountable to family and friends that will encourage you along the way.
- Hire a life coach who will give you a kick in the pants when you need it.
- Keep a life's goals journal.
- Break down your big goals into smaller, easily achievable action steps.