Professional counselors and therapists can add tremendous value to our lives. For my entire life, I have viewed the need to seek the services of a counselor as a sign of weakness, but over the last year as we have dealt with problems in our own family, I now understand the value of seeking the assistance of trained professionals. As a born-again believer, I recommend only Christian counseling for those who claim the name of Christ.
Here is a brief listing of the value of Christian counseling. A trained counselor can:
- Take an outside, objective view of what is happening in your life.
- Make positive assessments and recommendations to help you.
- Give you great book recommendations to read.
- Help you develop a plan of attack to solve the problem.
- Pray with you and for you.
- Encourage you to deepen your faith and walk with the Lord.