11 positive changes as a result of the down economy. People are living a more simple life by:
- thinking about their spending.
- spending time on creating a financial plan.
- looking for bargains and negotiating.
- dumping debt.
- saving like never before.
- downsizing and no longer seeking how "they can keep up with the Joneses."
- seeking sound financial help (such as FPU).
- seeking joy and fulfillment through relationships (family and friends) rather than the all mighty dollar and spending.
- spending time and energy on what really counts in life.
- striving to be the best in their job or business (if you are the best, then your employer can't survive without you; your business will survive and thrive).
- becoming more creative in creating additional sources of income.
I love all the positive changes we're making right now. But I wonder how long it will last? Once we become prosperous again, I'm sure we'll revert back to the same.ReplyDelete
But I hope not. I guess it's just human nature.
Trevor, thanks for leaving the comment.ReplyDelete
I hope these new behaviors will last as well!
Consider America's social problems concerning race. What positive changes have been made since the Progressive era? What problems remain? Why do you think the issue of race continues to be a major problem in America? Can the problem be solved?ReplyDelete