There are 6 key relationships in which we need to concentrate our energy, time, and money in order to be Richer Christians:
- God - He is our ultimate provider and sustainer. He desires an intimate, loving relationship with each one of us.
- Family - We need to pursue a passionate, loving relationship with our spouses first. The husband and wife team need to be "rowing together" when it comes to the family finances since this is the #1 cause of divorce. Second, we need to have deep, loving relationships with our children where we are teaching them the value of hard work and proper money management. If we don't teach them, the world will teach them how to blow their money on selfish desires and keeping up with the Joneses!
- Self - We need to know ourselves - our strengths and weaknesses when it comes to money; build on our strengths and minimize our weaknesses. We also need to battle against the selfishness in our own lives.
- Money - somewhat related to #3. As individuals, we need to invest time and energy developing our own relationship with money - how it works and how to become a better manager of what God has given to us. Focus on multiple streams of income, giving and receiving, financial organization, and your balance sheet.
- Workplace and/or business - focus on productivity; client and co-worker relationships; adding value to your business, workplace, and for those for whom you work; go the extra mile in all you do.
- Others - this is a "catch all" for everyone else in your life. The key, though, is to focus your time and energy on a few key relationships that really matter - close friends that build you up, not drain you; mentors, teachers, and coaches that will propel you to future growth.